A Few of My Favorite Things

It's been a while since I did a favorite things post, and since I have good news to share, this seemed like a good time to put one together.

Sous Vide Immersion Circulator

Friday evening we were invited to a special cooking class/tasting dinner with award-winning chef, John Newman. As he prepared some incredible food, he used a tool that has now shot to the top of my Christmas list. I'd never heard of this tool. It's called a Sous Vide. Have you heard of it? It's used in the best restaurants and it's amazing. He had a plastic bin sitting on the counter with the Sous Vide in it. He'd slow cooked our pork tenderloin in it and it was so tender and delicious. I'd just about given up on ever cooking perfect pork tenderloin. The great thing is, it CAN'T overcook. It can sit in the waterbath all day long and never overcook, so dinner's ready whenever you want it to be. Sounds crazy, doesn't it? There are a variety of options available online, but this one was one of the less expensive ones and it gets great reviews, so next year, give me a call, and we'll have you to dinner. We'll serve perfect pork tenderloin! (If you get one before me, I'll let you cook for me.) Read more about it and pick yours up HERE.


3D Cities Coloring Book


My kids gave me a coloring book for Christmas that has quickly become my go-to coloring book. The pictures are bold, busy, and a blast to color. I'm working my way through the book. It's called 3D Coloring - Cities. It even comes with a silly little pair of 3D glasses that actually work. But the fun part is the coloring. You can get yours HERE or simply browse through the dozens of cool, adult coloring book options.

Here's one of my masterpieces. Looks fun, huh?

Opi Nail Lacquer in Put it in Neutral


The last several years, I sorta quit wearing any nail polish and only painted my toenails during sandal months. Then a few months ago, my nails started peeling and seemed really weak. I didn't want to use the bright colors I use on my toes on my fingernails, but I wanted something that would strengthen my nails and look natural and understated. I can't remember where I read about THIS brand and color, but I decided to give it a try and I LOVE IT! The great thing is, it lasts really well, too. It's an appropriate color for any occasion and any age and my nails are so much stronger and healthier. Give it a try.

Himalayan Salt Lamp

There all kinds of websites that will tell you the benefits of a Himalayan Salt Lamp. It's all about the ions and what it does to our energy and how it's a good antidote to all our electronics that are sucking the good stuff out of our air, and on and on. I'll let you read up on all that if you want, but I'll just tell you that if all they say is true, yay! Because I have one and I love it. But here's the thing. I'd want it even if all that wasn't true, because when it comes to a beautiful, warm, nightlight, there's nothing like it. It glows just enough to make my house safe when someone needs to get up for a drink of water or whatever. It's cozy and perfect for helping create hygge in my home, which is one of the things I'm trying to do this year. If you're looking for a moderately priced one, HERE is a good option.


Rejuvenate Hardwood Floor Cleaner

Our last house didn't have wood floors. This house does and I love them. But especially during the wet, winter months, they need a little extra attention. This is my wood floor's best friend and I quite like it because it's so stinking easy. Spray THIS lightly and then go over it with a dry swiffer and your wood floors will look shiny and beautiful. It doesn't take much to get the job done. One bottle lasts a long time. Your floors and your back will love you!




Maggie's Song


Finally, my favorite thing of all today is that you can now read Maggie's Song on it's own. Two years ago, Maggie's Song appeared in the Timeless Romance Anthology: Love Letters Collection. Today it's available on its own. Don't you love the cover? I made a few little changes to it, but it's still the same story. It's a novella. You'll be able to read it in an hour or two. But hopefully you'll be satisfied. It's Savannah's favorite thing I've ever written.  Maggie Jensen is part of a trio of best friends with Lucas and Dan. Together, they own and run Wild Country Hiking Tours. When Lucas returns to the company after getting his college degree, Maggie realizes that the crush she had on him as a teenager has now blossomed into so much more. But Lucas still treats her as one of the guys, and Maggie worries that if she tells him her real feelings, their relationship will be damaged forever.  Right now it's available HERE in ebook form. The print version will be available in the next couple of weeks.

What are some of your favorite things right now?

Comments