Random Sampler & A Winner



Congratulations to Samantha Kemp, the winner of the Pride & Prejudice prize package. Which will you read first? Pride and Prejudice or My Own Mr. Darcy? Never mind. Don't tell me.

I'm frustrated because in my mind, I have these idyllic pictures of what summer should be and this summer isn't cutting it for me. We've been so booked up with things that it hasn't felt very relaxing. Are relaxing summers a myth? Did they ever exist? And school starts back up in three weeks. Please no! Please, PLEASE, NO!
Sad Face

There is a happy event in my summer future, however. We're going to attend the Chipotle Cultivate Festival in Denver just before school starts. That's a festival that brings together music, food and food growers. There will be good music (Good Old War, Blitzen Trapper and Cold War Kids), demonstrations by chefs (Richard Blais, Nate Appleman and Amanda Freitag) and delicious food. Plus, I'll be researching Denver for a new novel. I'm pretty excited!


We've had two different sicknesses make their way through our family this summer. Shouldn't there be a rule that sicknesses have to come during the school year? At least then there's an excuse to miss a couple of days of school, which almost make the sickness worth dealing with. But during the summer? Come on!

(I know it's kinda gross, but I thought it was funny and puking was involved in one of the sicknesses.)

My Kickstarter Project reached it's goal! And I have many of you to thank for that. Honestly, I'm thrilled and so grateful. I have such supportive family, friends and fans. (Ooh, I like that alliteration. It seems like we should be able to come up with a word that includes all those, right? Maybe Franily? or Fanendily?)
Anyway, thank you!


Did I mention school starts back up in three weeks? 


Oh, yeah! I did. 
Enjoy the rest of your summer, People!

Comments

fredamans said…
Congrats Samantha1
Samantha Kemp said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said…
oh my gosh! I am officially freaking out right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karey, I love you, always have, always will!!!! Thank you so much!!!!
Sam said…
PS, I'll be reading your book first!!!!!!!