No Offense to Eggies, but God Did Eggs Right the First Time

My husband is a sucker for a "good deal" and for interesting gadgets. Many times he's brought home some silly thing that looks like a good idea in theory but in actuality, it's just a waste.

But never has he come home with something more ridiculous than the Eggies. Maybe you've been up late with sick children or a nasty case of insomnia and you've seen the infomercial.

The idea is that you can have boiled eggs without having to deal with the "hassle" of peeling the shells of the hard-boiled eggs. Let me tell you what you deal with instead of the shells.

First, you crack the eggs into the little plastic case and put the lid on. Then you carefully put them in the boiling water. Be careful. After the eggs have cooked, you simply untwist the plastic egg case and there's your cooked egg. No shells to peel straight into the garbage.

Instead, you get to clean them. And we all know how easily egg comes off dishes. So I scrubbed each little piece. There was egg residue on each piece including in the little creases. It was difficult to get all the egg out.

Travis boiled six eggies. I could have peeled six eggs in two or three minutes tops. As it was, I spent seven or eight minutes cleaning the eggies.

And then I had to figure out where to store them.

Definitely not worth the hassle. Or the money.  No matter how good the deal was.

(Image from http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41qY%2BxBXc8L._SL500_SX300_SY390_CR,0,0,300,390_.jpg)

Pin It

Comments

missy said…
I have to admit, I'm a sucker for novelties, but I've never heard of these. Thanks for the heads up. I'll steer clear when the overstock finally ends up at the dollar store (where so many of these things land.) I agree with the whole "where to store them" part. That's my deal-breaker lately. If I don't have a place for it, it can't come live at my house.
Anonymous said…
Talk about timing! I just saw a commercial for "Eggies" a couple of days ago. I have to admit that my first thought was, "Wow, if that really worked, that would be a great thing to have." Further thought made me remember that I LOVE boiled eggs and I like them just the way they are, not with a flat bottom. I do not require my boiled eggs to "stand at attention." Eggs are one of my favorite foods. And, I agree, Heavenly Father did do eggs right!! How do you improve on perfect? I do have one question that I have never been able to get a solid answer for. Perhaps you could research this and get back to me. My question is this: "What came first, the chicken or the egg?" Love you...love your blog.LMH
Leslie said…
that is hilarious!!!!!
Melissa said…
I was considering it, but after reading your blog post, I think I'll stick with peeling the eggs! :)